Monday, May 05, 2014

Reasons to Live #1-13 | lifestyle

hello friends! 
I have since switched to blogging on wordpress (architaxb.wordpress.com), producing about the same lifestyle + diy-esque content that used to be on here! I've left all 'reasons to live' posts, as well as my original first post that began it all. 
-Jan 3. 2016

hi hello!
I know that life can be hard, and it always seems like a struggle, especially when you're in high school. I'm going to post a Reason To Live. I know this is an intense thing to say, but if you're feeling down, or maybe you're contemplating it, I want you to know that there is always a reason to live. I'm going to try and do them so that they relate to me, and so that they're a bit more personal that way.

1. Dan + Shay Their song, 19 You + Me, is amazing and wonderful, and so is the rest of their album.
Also, they're sweet, funny, and nice. Their voices are also pretty amazing. I've been listening to them A LOT recently, and I am kinda smitten.

2. “Therapy” by All Time Low. I love this song for so many different reasons. It’s deep and sad but it tells a real story, which many people know all too well. It’s relatable. Which is something that’s often missing in this generations music. One of my favorite things about this song is that All Time Low sings it, and they’re a band who are so famous and so big, and I feel like we often make ourselves think that famous people don’t relate to our problems. That somehow, the money that they have, makes it so that they don’t have struggles. This songs basically shows that they do, and that there are people in the world going through similar things as you. I’m choosing to do this song for today’s reason, because in my lit class we’re analyzing a song, and I chose this one. I was reading the lyrics and it made me really thankful for it. You deserve to live, and you deserve happiness.

3. Fashion Club. I know this one sounds really simple and kinda boring, but it does mean a lot to me. I've loved fashion throughout middle school and high school year. Fashion club, gave me an opportunity to find myself. This is going to sound weird, but my entire life, I always thought that everyone liked makeup and fashion and clothes, and it took me a while to realize that my love for style and makeup is what makes me an individual.

Anyway, today at fashion club, we were learning how to sew, which I was super excited about. It also got me thinking about the fashion show at our school, and which outfits I wanted to do for that. This is going to sound kinda strange, but Fashion club sort of made my day. It made me happy that I had the opportunity to live out my starry eyed 5 year old dreams filled with clothes and shoes and makeup and all that good stuff.

I'm not trying to say that fashion should be your passion, but I'm saying that everyone should have a passion, and if you don't take them time and try to find one. It's worth it, I promise.

4. A Good Grade. So, this post coincides with a little event that happened today. I got my math test back, and I GOT AN 88%. I know that for a lot of people, that’s a bad grade, but for me, I tend to do really bad on my tests, so when I got my test back, I was super duper happy! My goal for a test, is that I improved, and that I understood what I did & what I got wrong. I know that seems really hard to achieve, because in school, we are so pressured to focus on the grade of things, and not the actually learning of things, but I promise that if you try and look at life from that perspective, it’s a lot better. 

5. Learning a New Language. 

I normally hate Spanish class. I'll be the first one to say it. It's hard for me to learn, but, I have been trying SUPER HARD to really apply myself to the class. I want to take Spanish for all four years that I'm in high school, and so I have to have the basics down! Anyways, today in class we were talking in Spanish and I was actually doing really good and I could understand what people were saying! YAY! 

6. Spring BreakSo, admittedly I'm not really doing anything special. Mostly, I'm studying and sleeping, but also playing around with makeup :) However, spring break is a fabulous way to unwind and relax after a stressful few weeks of school.


7. Frozen-Yes I know. I am extremely super duper late to be posting about this but I am really in love with the soundtrack (who isn't). The movie sends a wonderful message, and is just so encouraging.

8. 21 by Patrick Roche. I saw this on Button Poetry and also Upworthy. I seriously recommend checking it out because it's amazing. The kind of life changing, perspective changing sort of amazing. The kind that makes me take a minute to breathe and just re-evaluate myself for a second. Here's the link.


9. Jump-roping. Seriously. I haven't jump roped in forever (at least without it being forced by PE) As a kid, I always loved jump roping, and I guess that the love for it has progressed. I love the feeling of it, I really do.

10. Ordering pictures/edits of your favorite quotes or people or anything else. Snapfish had a deal for Penny Prints (where you order prints and each one only costs a penny, and then you pay for shipping and handling. I ordered my pictures around a week and a half ago, and they got here sometime this week. Needless to say, I am very pleased. I have some of my friends and family, some of me, and then some of famous people who have no idea I exist.


11. Grandma's. No, but honestly. My grandma lives in India, and she came on Thursday (i think), and she's staying with us for a few months. My grandma is literally one of my most favorite people in the entire world. She's sweet and wonderful and truly understands me. Also, she tells really good jokes.

12. Bike-Riding. So, I don't really ride my bike anywhere (I usually walk), but during the summer I ride it to practice, and I figured it would be good to get in the habit of riding it now. I really only ride it for around 25 minutes (and I've only done it for like two days) but I do enjoy it. I basically ride it from my house to my high school, back, and then a little bit more. It's about a mile each way. Basically, on the way there, my thighs are literally dying because a)I am so out of shape it's pathetic and b) it's a little bit uphill, if that counts for anything. On the way back though, you can literally coast it the entire way. It feels AMAZING. (It's literally a straight mile-so there's no turns or anything, except for red lights) I am in love with that feeling. I am infatuated with it.

13. Chocolate. Specifically fancy chocolate that's kinda expensive but not really because you can still buy it at the drugstore. I adore the white chocolate, even though it's super bad for me and I really shouldn't eat it at all, but I do anyways!

Also, I just want to say that you all deserve happiness and that you deserve to live. Please, please, please never let anyone, including yourself, tell you otherwise.  If you are contemplating suicide or know someone who is, please, please, please call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Someone will be available 24/7. 

Until next time,

Archita (@architaxb)


Posted while listening to Best of Me by The Starting Line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment below!