Friday, January 30, 2015

Reasons to Live: #111-125 | lifestyle

hello friends! 
I have since switched to blogging on wordpress (architaxb.wordpress.com), producing about the same lifestyle + diy-esque content that used to be on here! I've left all 'reasons to live' posts, as well as my original first post that began it all. -Jan 3. 2016
_________________
hi hello!
I haven’t done one of these in ages (it’s been more than a month) and I’m so sorry about that!! However, I’m so excited to have one for the new year!

111. Being made a full time cashier. I don’t want to say where b/c that’s a bit of personal detail, but I’ll explain this one. Basically, I was hired as a seasonal cashier PT, which means that after 4-5 months, all of the managers would decide whether or not to keep me on. And the decided I was worth it!! I dunno, it makes me really happy!

112. Final grades for the semester. I know that this might not be a positive for a lot of people, but this year I worked so hard and I got my GPA + my grades up! I’ve mentioned this briefly, but last year (in specific first semester) my grades dropped a TON and I was really worried about the future. So I worked super hard this year, and I am so proud of where I’ve gotten.

113. The Sun is coming out! I live in NorCal, so it’s never super cold here or anything, but as I type this. it’s getting exceptionally sunny on my arms.

114. After Christmas shopping/sales. Basically amazing deals on everything. I did a ton of shopping, and I made a blog post on it which will be linked here.

115. Summer Programs. This is another super nerve wracking one, but I'm applying/looking at loads of different summer programs to figure out exactly what I want do with my life. If you're still in high school, I strongly urge you all to find some in your area of interest.

116. Girls Who Code. It’s a summer program. I really want to do it! Basically, they don’t require any previous knowledge on coding or computer science (thank god!) and basically just want to show teenage girls that coding/computer science is an available career. They’re pretty cool, I think. The link to their site will be here.

117. Teachers who are kind enough to offer second chances. My contemporary teacher (I think I’ve raved about her before) is so kind and is allowing us to make up any work before grades are due. I dunno, I think it’s really nice of her to do that!

118. Teachers who are kind enough to write recc. letters. Or fill out long forms. Seriously, they’re the best. My physics teacher said that he would be “more than happy to” fill out some forms for me which I found very kind and sweet.

119. New Shoes! I got new shoes! During after Christmas/New Year Shopping! I’ve needed new shoes for such a long time, and I’m so so so happy that I got these ones! They’re a bit different looking so I’ll have to play around with some outfits with this one.

120. New Binder Dividers. My last ones were getting so annoying, and I really didn’t want to go out and buy new ones, so I did a simple little DIY, and now they look so amazing! The DIY is already up. The link is here.

121. New Phone Cover. I used to have an OtterBox because I’m clumsy and I feel like they’re really safe. But I lost the outer shell thing, and then the case was kind of falling apart so I figured it was time to buy a new one. The picture to it is below, and I love it so much!

122. Changing up desk decor. Is that a thing that other people do? Or is it just me? Again, super simple DIYs that make me so much happier. I will be posting a mini blog post debuting it once I had some finishing touches.

123. Twinkly Lights. I keep them up way longer than is socially acceptable. They make me really happy and it just makes the room look really cheerful and happy. Plus, they work as a super amazing nightlight,

124. Randomly deciding to chop of bits and bobs of your hair. Let me explain. On the first of January, my sister and I were making fun of people who are like “new year, new me”-which we do every year. But then, we were like, hmmm maybe we should cut our hair.

125. Skying with Grandma’s. So a few days ago, I wrote my grandma a letter (not a big deal, I love writing to her) and I was talking about how I wish I could see her (because she lives in India). And then we skyped with her, and my aunt and uncle, and my cousins. It was so much fun and loving and it made realize how much I love her and miss her. Warm Fuzzies all around.

There is a purpose for you to exist and there is a reason that you are on this world. You are loved and you are important and worthy. Please, please, please never forget that. If you are contemplating suicide and/or need someone to talk to, don't hesitate to call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Someone will be available 24/7. I love you.

much love,
Archita

Posted while listening to Girl in a Country Song by Maddie and Tae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment below!