Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Reasons to Live: #166-175 | lifestyle

hello friends! 
I have since switched to blogging on wordpress (architaxb.wordpress.com), producing about the same lifestyle + diy-esque content that used to be on here! I've left all 'reasons to live' posts, as well as my original first post that began it all. 
-Jan 3. 2016
__________________
hi hello!
Here’s another installation in my Reasons to Live series, aka things that make me really happy! 

166. The way the leaves smell on a summer night. This is my goodbye to summer.

167. Birthday Parties. Mine was on Saturday (the 8th of August) and I had such a wonderful time! I’ll be posting pictures soon!

168. Girls Who Code. This is a repeat reason (I think), but I was part of the Girls Who Code Summer Immersion Program, and I had such an intense, educational, and fun time! I’m thinking of doing a post on my experience… Thoughts?

169. Tech Shop. As a part of Girls Who Code, my class got to take a trip to the Tech Shop in San Jose. It was such a cool experience, and the people there were so kind!

170. Spontaneous Haircuts. I do these. A lot. My hair was pretty damaged, and I had washed it, and then I just took some scissors and cut it off… It’s way shorter than I would prefer, but it’s not bad!

171. Girls Who Code Graduation. Again, talking about my life. My graduation was on Wednesday, and it was so much fun! I was really stressed out about it, but it was so exciting and super cool!

172. Being able to create a web app. Something that I never thought that I would ever say. For our final project, my team and I created a web application! It took a lot of work, but it was so rewarding!

173. Skindex. AKA the web app that we created. Essentially, skindex is an app that allows you to find the best foundations, moisturizers, toners, etc., based on your skin type.

174. Coding. It’s so cool and fun, because whenever you succeed and the program that you’re writing works, you get this immense sense of joy! Also, it’s really interesting.

175. Penguin. This is a mention to this thing we did at my GWC class. Every day, we nominated someone who we thought had done something cool, or taken initiative, the day before, and for the rest of the day, the nominated person carried the penguin around. It was such a great way to recognize and acknowledge the wonderful things about each person.

That’s all for now. I want each and every person who’s reading this to know that they are beautiful, and wonderful, and deserve all the happiness that the world can offer them. If you ever have suicidal thoughts, do not hesitate to call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Someone will be available to talk 24/7.

I love you all so much.
Until next time,
Archita


Posted while listening to What I’m Thinking About by The Swon Brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment below!