Monday, March 14, 2016

Reasons to Live: #187-210 | lifestyle

hello friends! 
I have since switched to blogging on wordpress (architaxb.wordpress.com), producing about the same lifestyle + diy-esque content that used to be on here! I've left all 'reasons to live' posts, as well as my original first post that began it all. 
-Jan 3. 2016

hi hello!
I hope you've been having a lovely day! It's been absolute ages since I did one of these, but I love writing these sorts of posts. I find that they really allow me to happily reflect on the things that have been good in my life recently. Because I came back from India (about a month ago), I am still missing it like crazy. Thus, a lot of this post is India/family/wedding centered!

187. Mehndi. AKA Hena. It’s beautiful, it’s lovely, and it smells amazing.
188. Shaadi's. Shaadi is the Hindi word for wedding, fyi. I love everything about weddings, and the only one’s I’ve gone to are Indian ones, while I was visiting India.
189. a Barat. In case you didn’t know, Indian weddings tend to last for a few days (at least). On the day of the actual wedding, the groom (and everyone else onthe groom’s side of the family) dances over to the bride’s side. It’s about a half a mile walk, and it’s so much fun!
190. The milk that I had in Gurgaon. I went to dinner with my mom’s side of the family, and one of the shops had this delicious milk. It’s warm and sweet, and there’s some nuts sprinkled on top. It was amazing.
191. Harish Bakery. Where we went out to dinner 99% of the time while I was with my mom’s side of the family. We’ve been going there for ages now, and it just reminds me of family.
192. Protective Aunts & Uncles. This is basically everyone on my dad’s side of the family. As you all probably know, I live in the United States, but moved here when I was 18 months old. Whenever I go back to India, everyone is so nice and kind to me and I just get a million warm fuzzies
193. Spontaneous plans. A summation of my entire India trip.
194. School Uniforms. This is coming from someone who never had to wear a school uniform. Not sure, I just think there’s a lot of simplicity to them.
195. Leo getting an Oscar. I’m very proud
196. Beautiful marriages. I don’t think this requires elaboration.
197. Strong roots. My dad is so proud of his background and his family and whenever we go back to Kasganj, he’s just so happy and it’s lovely.
198. Joint families. Again, this is coming from an outsider’s perspective. There’s something so beautiful about staying connected to your family and being close.
199. Son Papdi. My most favoritest Indian sweet.
200. Panjeeri. My most favoritest Indian sweet that you can make at home.
201. Nose rings. I want one so bad. They’re so fun and pretty and yeah.
202. Kasganj. The city my dad grew up in, and where the wedding was. It’s amazing.
203. Tash (cards). We played cards so much in India and they’re just fun?
204. Bluff. This is basically the Indian version of BS.
205. Drones. My dad brought drones for some of my younger cousins (as presents for when we went to India), and they loved it! I must admit, they are pretty cool.
206. Maggie. This is basically Indian ramen? It’s delicious and amazing.
207. Centerfresh/centerfruit. Centerfresh is a gum that they have in India and you can literally go to the shop and just buy one or a hundred. They come individually packaged and they’re the best.
208. Bagged milk. Okay, I don’t know if it was the milk itself in India, or if it was the fact that it was bagged, but the milk in India was so good. The best. I loved it. Also, I just really love the idea that the milk comes in a bag and not a carton?
209. Rupee Candies. Basically, in India, you can go to the shop and get little candies for just 1 rupee (centerfresh is one of these). I love this, because I am a huge chocolate/candy/toffee lover so I got so many.
210. Sparkly eyeshadows. MY FAVORITE KIND.

Thank you so much for reading this post! In the comments below, tell me one thing you love about traveling!

Please remember that you are beautifully and wonderfully made and that you deserve all the most lovely things in the world. If you are ever having scary thoughts, please don't hesitate to call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) (USA number). Someone will be able to talk 24/7. 

Love,
Archita

Posted while listening to Downtown by Lady Antebellum

my links:
personal twitter: @architaxb // instagram: @architaxb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment below!